Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Children's Toy Box Clean

Day 15 - Toy Box

I worked hard with just one area to clean out for this task. My daughter has a very hard time at letting anything go. The problem I have is that we have toys in every corner of our house.  It’s important to involve your children in the process of decluttering their toys. It will take more time than it would to do it yourself, but the benefits outweigh the inconvenience.
- Any toys that are broken or missing key parts automatically go in the trash, along with any actual trash you come across.

- Decide beforehand what guidelines you wish to establish with regards to getting rid of toys. Instead of just telling your kids they need to get rid of some of their toys, discuss with them the reasons for doing so.

- Decide together what will stay and what will go.
This helped me out a bit yesterday and I am going to try to take some of the toys and put them on a 6 month rotation and see what she does actually play with. 
The first time I have involved my daughter and I think it went pretty well.

             Emptied the Toy Box              Purged to one Bin               
 

The give away pile