Friday, March 4, 2016

The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Wanted to share this fabulous find from Family Fresh Meals.  I made this the other night and well it was delicious.  I went to make this on Tuesday night for dinner and had it all prepped and ready to turn the crock pot on before I left for school and work in the morning.  My poor husband and daughter got home for school and work and I asked them to check on it and shred the chicken for me.  Phone rings and darling husband asks if it is supposed to be raw?  Oops FAIL!

So I try again on Wednesday to make the the best BBQ Crock pot Chicken ever and the 6 year old little princess say's "Mommy today I will hit start once you have everything in the crock pot".  Gosh I sure do love her and don't know what I would do without her.  So glad I had them little fingers to help me.  Dinner was simply amazing in a bun or over rice so yummy.

The Best Crock pot BBQ Chicken
 

Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Corey: 
Serves: 4-6
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • ¼ cup Italian dressing
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • salt to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Season chicken breast lightly ( a small pinch per breast) with some sea salt and place in your crock pot.
  2. In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
  3. Pour over chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours
  4. Once time is up, you can serve the breast whole, or shred with 2 forks. If shredding, recover and let cook in sauce for about 10-15 more minutes to soak up all that delish flavor.
  5. Serve on buns, over rice, in wraps, on a salad or eat a plateful as is! Our favorite way is on fresh rolls, topped with coleslaw.


Thanks again to Family Fresh Meals for a wonderful recipe.