The hubby and I are off to one of our favorite places in the world Las Vegas in May. So now what do with the the girls this summer?
- Vancouver, BC - Why go: It's no mystery why Vancouver was chosen to host the 2010 Winter Olympic Games: This city is all about sports. Vancouverites spend their days skiing on Grouse Mountain, surfing at Wreck Beach and strolling through Stanley Park. Plus, Vancouver offers plenty of cultural attractions, including museums and outdoor markets.
- Banff, AB - Why Go: Nestled along the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, this tiny mountain town is a haven for both nature enthusiasts and luxury seekers. Visitors can spend their days skiing or hiking before retiring to one of the several opulent hotels for some spa therapy and a hearty bison steak. Banff also boasts homey shops and a thriving nightlife scene.
- Niagara Falls, ON - Why go: This popular destination swarms with visitors each year who are looking to see the wondrous falls for themselves. With the Niagara River plummeting over the 170-foot drop at up to 68 miles an hour, the falls are this destination's main draw. But Niagara Falls offers a variety of other attractions like museums, wineries and casinos.
- Victoria & Vancouver Island, BC - Why Go: While Montreal and Québec City honor Canada's French roots, Victoria pays tribute to the country's British heritage. Many visit British Columbia's capital for afternoon tea at the Empress or a tour of Parliament. Others are more interested in touring Vancouver Island's wineries, skiing along its slopes and whale-watching from its harbors.
- Radium Hot Springs Resort, BC - Why Go: Radium Hot Springs pool, located in British Columbia’s Kootenay National Park, features Canada’s biggest hot springs pool and offers something for all the family to enjoy, including a cooler swimming pool (27°C, 84°F). Whether you are visiting the local Radium golf courses, skiing or snowboarding at Panorama Ski Resort, or just passing through Kootenay National Park, the Radium Hot Springs are a unique thing to do and not to be missed!
There some of my ideas....share your favorite Canadian vacation spots.